Monday 7 April 2014

Blog necromancy - the return of 'Siana in Black'

I don't know about this 'blog post' business. I thought about the writer's block option, but I'm really not sure how to explain it. Then I thought about doing a metal album and I didn't really know which one I'd pick or what I'd say about it. Then I had an idea about talking about songs related to my Camp NaNo project and basically I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm a lousy blogger. I suppose I should put my writer's block comments together and post them, but... yeah, don't know.




The thing is, I suppose I actually have stuff to say. I have opinions on writer's block. I have a method I use for goal-setting. There's a chart showing when it's safe to start editing sitting in my head waiting for me to decide I'm going to talk about it. If I get really desperate, I could even talk about my WrittenAwesome development and let people download the various versions.

I could talk about goats. I could talk about the forum-hopping trail and encourage people to join me in my usual haunts. Hell, I could probably write something like this and post it as a prelude to talking about other stuff.

Maybe that last one is what I should do. Rambling blog post talking about the things I could possibly talk about.

Okay, so things I'm thinking of blogging about:

  • Goats. I have no idea what I'm going to say about goats, but I'm a dairyperson who raised over 60 kids in the last season, so I can pretty much guarantee there's going to be a goat or so turning up on my blog. Pictures would probably be a good start. Goats are (sometimes) cute and I definitely need to take more pictures of them.

  • Stuff about writing. This is going to be a mix of things I'm thinking about and things I usually do. I might talk about dealing with writer's block one post and then turn around and try to explain my Diabolical Spreadsheet From Hell. I'm unlikely to talk about specifics of what I'm working on, though, because I do that in other places and parallel conversations get weird.

  • Places I like hanging out. This is possibly also 'stuff about writing'. At the moment I'm a 'forum-hopper', going from forum to forum on a list of NaNoWriMo-like challenges. I also have a couple of year-round hangouts that deserve a mention.

  • WrittenAwesome. I'm not exactly sure what to call this. It's intended to fall somewhere between an offline version of 'Written? Kitten!' and a friendlier version of 'Write or Die', but it's rapidly turning into my personal Javascript and Gimp playground. Anyway, I do stuff to it on a semi-regular basis, so chatter is a possibility.

  • Music. I was going to say 'metal' and have this whole list item in capslock, but then I realised I'll probably also talk about some classical pieces I like, a whole bunch of seventies, eighties and nineties rock and... and there's probably something after this and, but I ran out of brain. I tend to write down exactly what I'm thinking, so weird stuff happens.

Basically, I'll just be blogging about whatever is on my mind. Sometimes it's writing. Other times, not so much. Anyway, there will be chatter and randomness.

1 comment:

  1. Regarding your comment about redoing the theme, maybe you should redecorate your blog to look like a metal album? (Random.)

    Anyway, more goat pictures. That needs to happen. :-)

    ReplyDelete