I was going to do a single 'my NaNo soundtrack post, but I've decided I like it better this way. Every few days, I'll introduce a new album that's inspiring me this November.
So, first up is a new release by one of my favourite bands, extreme progressive metal band Ne Obliviscaris. I don't know if that's the right subgenre description. Close enough?
Because I'm bad at reviews, have a list of five somewhat random list of things about Ne Obliviscaris:
- They have the best violin in metal.
- One of the vocalists looks exactly like the main character from my 2016 NaNo project.
- The lyrics are good poetry as well as being great to listen to.
- The last two tracks on this album are 50% of the inspiration for the title of this year's NaNo... which I didn't name 'Haunting perfections of the mirrored void' only because that's awkwardly long as a filename.
- This is the 'two male vocalists' duet I've been wishing for pretty much ever since I found out about death/extreme vocals.
Anyway, go listen to this album!