Monday 30 July 2012

July: a month in review

This month I've been beaten up by goats, eaten brownies and tried to figure out what I'm going to do in the way of a 'serious' project that I can prepare for publication. I've also spent a fair bit of the month dealing with pain and dreaming about various pieces of dairy equipment. Yes, I mean that literally. It's called a 'quarter milker' if you feel like searching the internet to see the kinds of things that occupy my sleeping hours.


The other thing I've been doing is waiting on a group of heavily pregnant females... who right now are all still heavily pregnant. This basically means the longest I can afford to sleep without checking the girls is about three hours. The combination of hand and arm pain (all the way up to my neck on one side now :() and the lack of sleep means that this whole 'serious project' thing is making a disappointing lack of progress.

I have three suspects now, though. Okay, maybe four. The series I haven't quite finished yet deserves to be on the list as well even though I just want to write this last 15k words and then hide the thing somewhere cool and dark for a while.

As for the other three possibilities... well, that's what August is for. I have to finish my June Camp NaNo/JulNo project and I'm going to write another chapter of the probably-never-going-to-be-finished tale of the cross-dressing space pirates, but my main focus is going to be on doing some analysis and planning of my three possible 'serious projects'.

August post series: the pantser's guide to planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment