Wednesday 3 November 2010

NaNoWriMo day 3

Word count at the end of day 2: 5100

For everyone else participating in NaNoWriMo this year, welcome to day 3! For those who haven't joined the fun... well, you're missing out and your life might be a little less insane than it could have been this month.

This is my first time nano-ing, wrimo-ing or whatever it's supposed to be called. So far it's been by turns hard, surprising, hard again, suspenseful, surprising again and then a dash of frustration. Er... in no particular order.

Since I was going to post every day and have since decided I probably won't get around to it, here's a synopsis of the last few days:

October 31: With six hours to go the suspense was getting seriously intense. Then one of our goats gave birth to premature babies and before I knew it, there was only 48 minutes until midnight. I scribbled out a quick plan of action that went like this:

At midnight:
  1. start writing, save the file as fro_tear_novel, write more, save again and keep going until I'm too tired and want to sleep
  2. open the sealed rewards box and have a little play with the stickers and progress charts I made
  3. sleep for a little while and then get up so I can feed the baby goats

November 1: by the end of the day the total word count was 2554. It was a public holiday, so after some time in the garden I settled down and wrote for a while

November 2: The total word count at the end of the day was 5100. I'm also developing Alfred the Advertising Campaign, so that's taking up most of my time. I'm still bashing out as much Frozen Tear as I can, though, because I can almost feel the moment when I can't think of anything to put next...

November 3: As of this blog entry I've written 774 words today, putting my total at 5874. I've done as much of Alfred as I feel like for a couple of hours, so I thought I'd do some writing... and after the previously mentioned 774 I just didn't really have any enthusiasm. Well, it's wednesday.

Wednesdays are cursed. No, I don't know why. I just know that on Wednesdays things are 2.8 times more likely to break down, my productivity is about 0.44 times its normal level and if I pick something up - anything at all - there's a 50/50 chance I'll drop it.

Anyway... So in the Frozen Tear, good guys Ryan and Kerwyn have successfully recruited the mercenary Serenity and are heading north in search of the first of the seven keys. The Fire Demon is somewhere in the far north (about as far away from the first key as the good guys only in the other direction). He seems to have some kind of connection to Evan...

No comments:

Post a Comment